Violently Disappointing Night

The last two weekends, I went to watch some movies with some friends to pass time. The feeling of munching on butter popcorn, relaxing on a comfy seat, enjoying some of the best trending movies of the year. It sounds like the perfect combo. And it is. But movies are just not it right now.


The storyline for movies has become so surface level. I had gone to watch a movie called Violent Night and I have to say I was profoundly unimpressed. The whole movie relied excessively on gore and bloody scenes and totally ruined the small amount of creativity that was present to begin with. Provided the movie was R rated and no I did not sneak in, the movie disappointed me for its lack of unique storyline and above all, the money that I wasted to have to sit in that theatre for that movie. Now I did watch the Black Panther when I came to the movies for the second time and I will say it was pretty decent and nearly on par with the previous movie. The story marks a new era and to my surprise actually showed a lot more action and adventure than just being a tribute to Chadwick Boseman. It was a mix of both which I found was an ingenious way to create the sequel without the main actor. But besides that movie, I find none of the current movies to be eye-catching in any way. 

And in just the perfect way to complement the disappointing movies, I feel as though the quality of the food and refreshments has gone down drastically. This may have been due to the pandemic, but some of these problems go beyond just simple adjustments. For starters, popcorn. When you think popcorn, you think about that salty flavor and the movie butter just coating each kernel with the perfect amount of juiciness with each bite. And for some, the extra flavoring with cheddar flavored powder or any one of the other options given. The health factor of course is ignored but otherwise it just sounds so fulfilling. Well reality check, it isn’t the same as it used to be. They’ve already started by taking away all the flavoring options and making that an option to buy. This may be due to the pandemic so that is a reasonable exception. According to my very reliable taste buds, they have basically eliminated salt and flavor in general from the popcorn, and the butter, which is normally not amazing but bearable, is awful as ever. I mean the least one can do is provide nice food while watching a movie. Unfortunately this is the way things are and I’m pretty sure there’s going to be a time for good movies soon so I hope we can forget about all this and move on but just want to put it out there. Main message of the day: DO NOT WATCH VIOLENT NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Comments