Being sick just sucks

 


So these past 2 days, I was out of school because I was sick and to be honest, these were the worst 2 days for me to miss school. Not only because of the fact that I’m running behind on assignments, but that I get more time off after a break which just feels wrong. Days where I feel as though I have nothing to do but can’t seem to will myself to do anything just makes it all the more annoying. And when I say I have nothing to do, I mean that I don’t have to things to work on in present time. Think of it this way.

When you have to skip a day of school, the first thing that comes to mind as priority is what material is there to make up. And schools have made this the norm for students to have to work during days that they are unable to make it to school. In my honest opinion, there is clearly some reason for them to skip. A parent of a student calls the school and lets them know that their student is skipping school because of health issues. Wouldn’t the first thought of the school be to give the student time to heal? While that may seem like a logical conclusion, schools don’t see that point of view. It’s their motive to make sure that students take responsibility for their work no matter what the circumstances.

Now people can argue that learning to work through tough times is a process that is experienced from this situation. I find that to be a little over dramatic. There is no need to work through pain for a reason as superficial as experience. The need to make students feel pressured to finish assignments for a grade during a health issue makes the learning of the student less efficient. Students unable to focus on what they are doing and only on what they are feeling makes studying useless at that rate because nothing truly is being implemented into their minds. Just that homework is more important than health. 

And for these reasons, I think that schools should start changing the way they deal with students being sick by giving them a day extra for homework…. Until my dad told me that people would start abusing this rule. That kinda shut me up. 

Comments